Nicki Minaj Talks Young Fans, “If I Had A Daughter I Wouldn't Want Her Listening To A Nicki Minaj CD”



While Nicki Minaj is overseas promoting her Pink Fridayalbum and interviewing with the press, the Harajuku Barbie is raising eyebrows, not just for eye catching fashions but for a statement she made about her own music.
The Queens emcee sat down with Britain's The Sun where she brought up her young fans and the influence her music has on them.
According to Nicki she “cringes” when she meets some of her younger fans and if she were a mother she wouldn't want her daughter listening to her CD at a young age.
“Being honest, if I had a daughter I wouldn't want her listening to a Nicki Minaj CD until she was a certain age….Even when I meet my fans and they tell me they are 12, I cringe a little…I always say, 'Listen. I don't want you saying the bad words, put school first'."

She tells The Sun however that she has a sisterly influence on the girls and has to show them both “the good and the bad” of the world while sticking to her platform of independence for women.
“… I am like their bigger sister. I'm not like their mom…I have to give them the good with the bad. If I censor them completely and say 'don't don't don't don't don't' then that's what they are going to 'do do do do do'…You have to tell kids this is the real world but they don't have to go down this road. Just pay attention and do your best….When they really connect with me they know how big I am on school and how I always promote independence for women."

Nicki's Pink Friday album is now certified platinum with over 1 million copies sold and she's the fourth fastest-rising search on Google.

Pink Friday [Explicit]

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheRealRapGame.com » News

TheRealRapGame.com » TRRG Models

TheRealRapGame.com » Booty Videos

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...